University of York
The University of York was founded in 1963 with 230 students. Today the University boasts approximately 16,000 students enrolled at over 30 academic departments and research centres. The University facilitates world class research and enjoys a reputation for excellence in teaching. Be it academic progress, accommodation or disability services, the University has made a strong commitment to student support. The student scene is vibrant, with opportunities for a wide range of activities.
The University is popular among international students and has a long history of welcoming students from all over the world. The city of York is a safe, vibrant town that combines the attractions of a modern city with a historical past. Its leisure attractions include museums, pubs, cafes and restaurants. It is a city of contrasts and it inspires students with its exquisite architecture and contemporary cafes.
Since the founding of the University in 1963, York has powered its way to consistently high rankings for both teaching and research.
York was rated number 1 in the UK and 8 in the world in the 2012 Times Higher Education rankings of universities under the age of 50
We are a world-class university
- Ranked eighth out of 120 UK universities for research excellence (most recent external research assessment).
- Attracting students and staff of the highest calibre from around the world to make a truly global community.
- Ranked in the top 100 in the International Students Index (QS World University Rankings, 2012/13).
- Fully integrated student support network, including advice on improving your skills for employment.
- College system fosters sense of community and provides ideal environment to make lasting friendships.
- Free English language support.
- Scholarships for overseas students.
- Located in a beautiful parkland campus.
- Guaranteed University accommodation for international students.
- Close to the centre of the historic city of York and less than two hours from London.
- York was recently ranked the UK’s fourth safest city (‘How Safe is your City’), in the Complete University Guide).
Select Study Destination
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India