Newcastle University is a traditional university and an elite member of the Russell Group of 24 top research-based institutions in the UK. Academic excellence, strong research, industry links, relevant courses and a city centre campus are some of the key factors that distinguish Newcastle from other universities. Situated in the heart of one of the UK’s most dynamic student cities, Newcastle University is home to more than 21,000 students including 4000 International students from more than 115 countries. With a staff complement of more than 5,000, Newcastle’s reputation has resulted in attracting some of the leading academics and researchers from around the globe, opening up access to a wealth of global experiences and expertise for our students.
- Ranked No. 180 in the world in the Times Higher Education rankings (2012-13)
- Ranked No. 126 in the world in the QS rankings (2012-13)
- Ranked No. 17 in the UK by the Sunday Times University Guide (2013)
- Ranked No. 27 in the UK by Guardian UK university rankings (2014)
- No. 1 in the Russell Group of research universities for Graduate Employment (2013)
- No. 12 in the world for Careers Service (International Student Barometer, 2012)
- No. 14 in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2012)
- No. 10 in the UK for student sport (British University and Colleges Sports Organization 2012)
- No. 1 student city in the UK (MSN Travel 2012)
- The Queen’s Anniversary Prizes for higher and further education.
International Student Barometer Autumn 2012 key findings :
- 88 per cent of international students said they would recommend studying at Newcastle University
- UK top 25 for the quality of learning spaces (lecture theatres and classrooms) and laboratories
- 6th out of 188 institutions for careers advice
- 7th out of 188 institutions for student support, which includes the Careers Service, Disability Support, Students’ Union, Computing Services, and the Accommodation
- World Recognition & Rankings (Listed above)
- Quality-assured & Research informed Teaching – (Prestigious Russell Group University)
- Outstanding industry links and graduate employability
- Wide range of Industry ‘hands on’ courses
- A true global exposure - more than 4,000 International Students from 115 countries
- Excellent Student Experience & dedicated student support services
- State-of-the-art facilities including the renowned Robinson Library
- UG, PG and Research scholarships including India specific scholarships
- Britain’s No. 1 Student City
- A true mix of city and country life by offering most happening city centre campus as well as unspoilt countryside at the North Sea.
- Low cost of Living – compared to many other parts of the UK
- Newcastle’s India existence - to provide in-country support
- Warm and friendly people – willing to extend help
- It’s SAFE – we work with ‘Safe Newcastle’ on crime prevention
The University is divided into three faculties:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Science, Agriculture and Engineering
- Medical Sciences
We cover the broad subject disciplines of: Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Architecture, Planning and Landscape, Arts and Cultures, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Business, Accounting, Finance and Marketing, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computing Science, Dental Sciences, Education, Communication and Language Sciences, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, English Literature, Language and Linguistics, Geography, Politics and Sociology, History, Classics and Archaeology, Law, Marine Science and Technology, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Medical Sciences, Education Development, Modern Languages and Psychology.
Newcastle University is able to offer accommodation to both its Undergraduate and Postgraduate students provided they match the terms of the accommodation guarantee.
Students should note that the deadline to be covered by the guarantee is June 30. Students may still apply for accommodation after this time and could be offered a place, but there is no guarantee.
- Newcastle’s University’s Undergraduate Accommodation is situated at Castle Court, Castle Leazes, Marris House, Richardson Road and Windsor Terrace which are all situated on or within a short walking distance of the campus.
- The accommodation sites at Bowsden Court, Henderson Hall and St. Mary’s College are a little further away from the campus but can be reached easily by bus or Metro.
- The University also has managed partnership agreements with Liberty Plaza – Central Link and Victoria Hall – both of which are situated in Newcastle city centre.
- The majority of Newcastle University Undergraduate Accommodation is self-catered (where students cook their own meals), although there is catered accommodation available at Castle Leazes.
- Prices of accommodation range from Ł75.88 per week for a single room at Henderson Hall to Ł136.00 per week for a single ensuite premium room at Liberty Plaza-Central Link.
- Newcastle University’s Postgraduate Accommodation is situated at Easton Flats, Grand Hotel, Jesmond Road, Leazes Parade and Leazes Terrace.
- The accommodation sites at Bowsden Court and St. Mary’s College are a little further away from the campus but can be reached easily by bus or Metro.
- The University also has managed partnership agreements with Magnet Court which is situated in Newcastle city centre.
- All of Newcastle University Undergraduate Accommodation is self-catered.
- Prices of accommodation range from Ł75.88 per week for a single room at St Mary’s College to Ł144.62 per week for a double studio at Leazes Terrace.
Select Study Destination
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India