University of Westminster
The University of Westminster is a diverse and dynamic international education institution situated in London with three of its campuses in central London, one of the world’s great cities.
Westminster offers a vibrant learning environment where innovative, creative and dedicated students can gain the skills and experience they need to succeed in professional life. Since its launch in 1838 as Britain’s first polytechnic institution, it has led the way in many areas of education and research, and continues to do so today.
The University attracts more than 22,000 students with more than 5000 international students from 155 different nations, making it one of the most popular UK universities for international students.
A wide range of Westminster’s courses have received excellent QAA ratings, and the University’s research leads the way in many areas including art and design, electronic engineering, law, and media and communication. It has also been recognised by the HEFCE as a Centre for Excellence in professional learning from the workplace.
The University continues to invest in improving the learning environment for students and has refurbished all of its campuses in the last three years, including a £40m investment in the Marylebone Campus. Our Regent Street Campus houses the UK’s earliest public cinema, the venue for the Lumiere brothers first public moving picture show in the country in 1896.
Looking forward, the University aims to embed internationalisation, employability and green-thinking into all areas of its work, and to build a cutting-edge, innovative and creative research culture which is known for making a difference.
- Westminster Business School
- Architecture and the Built Environment
- Science and Technology
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Westminster Law School
- Media, Arts and Design
- A high quality degree: Many of our courses have received excellent quality ratings with more than 900 teaching staff supported by 900 visiting subject specialists, delivering high-quality learning and research.
- Wide range of courses: More than 300 programmes like Architecture, Arts, Business and Management, Biotechnology, Computer Science, HRM, Electronics Engineering , Fashion Design, International Finance, Law, Life Sciences, Marketing Communications, Media and Communications and many more.
- International students: A complete global exposure with students from more than 155 different countries.
- Scholarships: One of the largest scholarships schemes of any UK university Up to 100% scholarships are available for meritorious students
- International student support: A strong, friendly and experienced team to help and support.
- Location: 3 campuses in Central London and 1 campus in Harrow.
- Excellent facilities: Libraries, Labs, On-campus accommodation, Cafeteria, etc on campus.
- Employment and career services: Career Development Centre has strong links with business and professionals across London, throughout the UK and around the world.
- Safe and secure campuses: All campuses well equipped with CCTV’s & Access Control systems.
- Local presence in India: A team based out of New Delhi to assist students with their queries related to the university, courses, fee, scholarships, accommodation, visas etc.
Intakes: September and January each year. Please note that only selective few PG courses are on offer in the January intake.
Westminster boasts a wide network of highly successful international alumni who have taken their skills and experience on to a global platform in countries all over the world. In India, our alumni are working with various top notch companies like, Barclay’s Capital, Bennett Coleman ,BBC, BNP Paribas, Centrum Capital, Vogue India, CNN-IBN, HCL, Hindustan Times, INX news, NDTV, RBS and Sapient Nitro, Forbes India, SAP to name a few. Here's is what our alumni have to say about their time at the University of Westminster:
Karan Desai, MA International Business & Management (2005-06), Vice President – Investment Banking Group, Centrum Capital Ltd, says: My experience was great as the course and university helped me connect to classmates from across the world, thereby allowing me to form a network of friends and some business associates for life. The University staff are highly experienced and also very helpful and this played an important role in allowing me to absorb the course content optimally and finish the degree with honours. I would recommend a degree at the University of Westminster to any student who wishes to broaden his/her horizons, study at a world class facility and build a network of long term friends and professional associates.
University has accommodation options available for students in London and Harrow. We encourage students to apply as early as possible due to limited number of units. We have various Halls of Residences, Private rented accommodation etc for our students.
Select Study Destination
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India