University of Bath
The University of Bath received its Royal Charter in 1966 and is now firmly established as a top ten UK university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence.
Our campus, overlooking the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath, has a vibrant research culture driven by the enthusiasm and invention of our academic community.
Students are attracted by our excellent academic reputation, our outstanding graduate employment record, our world-class sports facilities, and the wide array of other social, recreational and personal development opportunities we offer.
Our ability to offer placement options across our discipline base, and with leading organisations, is unique among UK research-intensive universities.
We are sector leaders in the commercial exploitation of intellectual property (IP) and the establishment of international links for exploitation of IP.
We have established ourselves as a top ten UK university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence. Our community is characterised by its culture of high achievement, enterprise and creativity.Our values are evidenced in our commitment to:
- quality and excellence
- the highest standards of scientific and professional integrity
- freedom to challenge received wisdom
- encouraging high aspirations
- equality and diversity
- working responsibly and with respect for others
- best environmental practice
Our mission is to deliver world-class research and teaching, educating our students to become future leaders and innovators, and benefiting the wider population through our research, enterprise and influence.
We have 15,137 students enrolled; over 25% come from outside the UK, representing over 100 nationalities.
- 10,563 undergraduates
- 4,574 postgraduates
- 54% male students
- 46% female students
- We have a 93% completion rate for undergraduates, one of the highest in the UK*
- 91% of our students say they were satisfied with their course**
- Our Students' Union is ranked in the top three by the National Union of Students.
*Based on 2009/10 HESA data
**Based on the 2012 National Student Survey
Placements and employment
- We run one of the most well-established placement schemes in the UK
- 88% of our 2011 graduates went straight into employment or further study
- 83% of our employed graduates move into top-level jobs compared with 63% nationally
- we have links with over 7,000 employers.
Why choose Bath?
- ranked third in the Sunday Times University Guide 2012/13
- a campus university only one mile from the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath
- a medium-sized and safe university with a friendly and collegial feel
- a well-established university with a lively atmosphere and modern outlook.
- taught and research postgraduate programmes in Science, Engineering, Languages, Social Sciences and Management
- an excellent research reputation - 60 per cent of the work submitted for the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise was judged to be ‘world-leading’ or internationally excellent.
- a strong relationship with business and industry
- a diverse international student community with students from over 100 countries
- professional careers advice and a programme of up to 330 employer recruitment visits to campus annually
- guaranteed accommodation for new overseas postgraduates who meet the application deadline.
- a 24 hour Library and Learning Centre with access to more than 500 PC and laptop docking points
- 27,000 electronic books and 19,000 journals are available in the library free access to email and internet
- a strong support network – including Personal Tutors, a Medical Centre, Counselling Service, active Student Union, and Learning Support
Our outstanding sports facilities are available for use by all students and include:
- an Olympic size swimming pool
- indoor and outdoor tennis courts
- all weather pitches and athletics track
- wide range of clubs and societies
- instruction and tuition
- free use of many of the facilities
- our sports operation is branded Team Bath and has one of the best sports facilities in the UK
- we hosted a number of teams and individuals in the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Institute of Contempory Interdisciplinary Arts (ICIA) on campus offers a range of arts programmes:
- regular range of performances, exhibitions and concerts
- dance, theatre, music and art workshops and classes
- subsidised music lessons
- ticket discounts for students
- free practice facilities
Select Study Destination
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India