University College Dublin
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN (UCD) is one of Europe's leading research-intensive universities. The university was established in 1854 and today UCD is Ireland's largest university with over 25,000 students.
- UCD is ranked in the top 1% World Universities per 2012 QS Rankings
- UCD is Ireland's Global University. It is the largest and most international university in Ireland with over 25,000 students of which over 5,000 are international (from 122 countries)
- Ireland's most popular university for Indian students
- UCD is Ireland's leader in postgraduate education (over a quarter of all graduate students in Ireland study in UCD) and the national leader in research funding, attracting quality investment that has helped the university to establish a reputation as a world-class destination for leading researchers.
- Location in Dublin city, Ireland's capital
- Safe, modern campus with 24 hour security offers extensive accommodation options and cutting-edge sports and campus facilities
- Availability of scholarships for Indian students
The role of UCD within Irish higher education is underscored by the fact that UCD alone accounts for over 30% of international students, over 25% of all postgraduate students and almost 28% of all doctoral enrolments across the seven Irish universities.
Our undergraduate courses
UCD offers over 70 undergraduate honours degree courses in the following areas of study. Click on the links below in your area of interest to find out more.
- Agriculture, Food & Nutrition
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Social Science
- Sport & Performance
- Veterinary Medicine
Academic Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Courses
Indian Standard XII qualification
UCD requires a minimum average of 75% in key subjects at Standard XII if awarded from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) and Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata and Karnataka). Certain degree courses require a higher standard.
International A-Levels are also accepted.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Applicants with International Baccalaureate Diplomas will also be considered for direct admission to UCD undergraduate programmes.
*For application to most Business undergraduate programmes you must achieve a minimum 6 at Standard Level/ 4 at Higher Level in Mathematics (Maths Studies is not acceptable). Economics & Finance requires a minimum 5 at Higher Level in Mathematics
**For application to Engineering you must achieve 5 at Higher Level in Mathematics and 4 at Higher level in Lab Science subject (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Agriculture Science)
Our Graduate programmes (Masters and PhDs)
Through our seven Colleges, UCD offers Ireland's most diverse range of graduate opportunities. Programmes are led by academic experts and offer students unparalleled choice at all levels. UCD offers Doctoral Programmes, taught and research masters, graduate diploma and certificate programmes and higher diplomas in more than 290 areas of study.
UCD is the national leader in fourth level education and has the highest number of graduate research students of any university in Ireland with over 1,684 PhD students. UCD has won over €480m in externally funded research contracts in the last five years alone
UCD has prioritised four major research themes which build on the university's established or emerging research strengths, dovetail with national research policy objectives and contribute to the preservation and exploration of Ireland's cultural heritage and the development of solutions for current global challenges.
The priority areas are:
- Earth Sciences, Energy and the Environment
- Health and Healthcare Delivery
- Information, Computation and Communication
- Global Ireland
UCD is located on a beautiful leafy 133-hectare campus close to Dublin's city centre, which provides a mix of academic facilities, research institutes, libraries and archival collections, enterprise space, student villages, and sports and recreational facilities. Our campus environment is the best in Ireland and we have the largest urban campus in Europe.
UCD - Tuition fees
Tuition fees are based on the course of studies chosen. Full information on fees for specific programmes can be found on the UCD Fees page.
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India