Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University is a modern university with a history. Founded in 1858 we were initially known as Cambridge School or Art. Our campuses are right in the centre of both cities, with state-of-the-art learning and recreational facilities available for all students.
We believe that a degree, both undergraduate and postgraduate, should not only enhance subject knowledge, but equip students with skills that will be used throughout their careers. The majority of the courses on offer at Anglia Ruskin University, particularly those at postgraduate level, are designed with global reach in mind, and focused towards real skills and knowledge that can be taken straight into the workplace, helping our students to achieve their career aspirations
Anglia Ruskin University has invested over £80million in new state of the art teaching, learning and social spaces over the last five years, with a further £115million planned over the next five years. As well as impressive facilities, our campuses are also ranked 10th among UK universities in the Green League, a measure of current action and commitment to sustainability and minimising environmental impact.
All courses are available with a September start date, and in addition a large number of courses at Anglia Ruskin now offer a start point in January each year, giving international students more flexibility in starting their studies.
Our campus is based in Cambridge and is less than an hour away from London by train. In our spacious and modern Cambridge campus we offer state-of-the-art learning facilities as well as quality on - campus student accommodation and world-class student study areas.
Cambridge is also very popular for sight-seeing, shopping, sports and leisure, the arts and nightlife.
Our green riverside campus is based in the East of England, Chelmsford and is only 20 minutes away from the Olympic Park and 35 minutes away from the city of London by train. In our spacious and modern campus we offer state-of-the-art learning facilities as well as good quality on campus student accommodation and world-class student study areas.
Historic Chelmsford is a beautiful city with friendly people and one of the best and safest places to live in Europe. It was also rated in the top 10 best places to live in the UK looking at quality of life, facilities, schools, and services provided here. And recently Chelmsford was awarded City status as part of the Queen's Jubilee Celebrations. This exciting city is birthplace of Radio invented by Guglielmo Marconi and also famous as home to the Essex County Cricket Club.
Anglia Ruskin is committed to offering the best possible support to international students. We are delighted to be rewarded with the Outstanding Student Services Team award at the 2012 Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Award (2012). This prestigious award recognises our Student Services Team as the best in the UK.
Our other services for international students include:
- Anglia Assessment Centre(AAC) - A Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA) Quality Assurance Group-approved assessment centre where eligible students can have a DSA Assessment by our team of skilled assessors.
- Counselling and Wellbeing - A place where students can talk in confidence to a professional counsellor about any personal or university-related issues.
- Employability – A place where students can find a help with finding temporary employment opportunities, CV advice, preparation for interview and help with finding work once graduate.
- Faculty Student Advice- A designated point of contact, where students can access friendly and professional help, advice and guidance during studies.
- iCentres - A first point of contact for any study related query where we aim to provide to our students with an answer as quickly as possible.
- International Student Advice - Offering range of free specialist services to our international students.
- Student Money Advice - Provide specialist knowledge on a range of student money related issues so that students can concentrate on their studies.
- Study Support - Provide services, support and advice for disabled students (including dyslexic students) and study skills support for all students.
- Nursery - A day-care nursery located in Peter Taylor House (Cambridge) for children aged three months to five years, providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment for children to develop and grow. In Chelmsford, Anglia Ruskin University is working closely with few nurseries and offers discounts to staff and students for their services.
- Students’ Union - An independent charity that supports students through university. You will become a part of this union as soon as you will become Anglia Ruskin student.
- Health – During the semester a Medical Centre with an NHS GP surgery is available for all our students at both campuses.
- One of the largest universities in the East of England with over 30,000 full and part-time students
- Top three in the UK for our Welcome, Arrival and Orientation programme (International Student Barometer, Autumn 2010)
- World-leading research
- A modern university with a history. Founded in 1858 we were initially known as Cambridge School of Art
- State-of-the-art study facilities
- 90% of our graduates either find employment or continue in education within six months of graduation (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey, 2010)
- Our Campuses are less than an hour from London by train
- Award winning Student Services (Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards, 2012)
- A diverse international community of over 120 nationalities
Select Study Destination
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India