Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is one of the largest and most popular modern universities in the United Kingdom by number of applications received. Our students don’t only value the high quality of teaching they receive but also the experience of studying in modern, vibrant and exciting surroundings. We boast one of the biggest Welcome Programmes in the UK, giving all students the opportunity to make new friends and settle into life at the university.
Our courses are designed in collaboration with industry and through our partnerships with 6,000 businesses around the world. Thanks to these links, NTU has an outstanding employability record for its students, consistently ranking in the top 10 in the UK.
We are also regularly ranked in the top 10 universities for the number of students that we have on placements within industry. Many of our undergraduate courses offer a year-long paid placement as an option to students and even our postgraduate courses in computing, engineering and science offer this opportunity.
Our research is equally impressive, with 74% achieving international status and 8% classed as 'world-leading'. Our world-leading research ranges from cancer immunotherapy and airport security systems to social policy and cultural studies. 20% of our specialist research in Bioscience/ Science is world leading in this field and our Van Geest cancer research centre is widely recognised as a centre of excellence.
Located 5 minutes walk from Nottingham City Centre, the City site is home to over 16,000 students from Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Law School, School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment, School of Art & Design, School of Social Sciences and the Centre for Broadcasting & Journalism. The City site has recently completed an ambitious £70 million development, which regenerated Newton and Arkwright, two of the university's largest and oldest owned buildings.
Four miles outside the city centre, the Clifton campus is a self-contained, greenfield site. It is home to over 7,000 students from the School of Arts and Humanities, School of Science and Technology and School of Education. It hosts state of the art facilities such as the Anthony Nolan Trust Cord Blood Bank, the brand new Sciences Superlab and our Forensics House. The Clifton campus has also benefited from recent investment including the new Lee Westwood Sports Centre and new accommodation. Students at Clifton can use their own Students’ Union bar, gym, shop, cafés and library. Clifton campus is linked to the City site by a regular student bus service.
About 14 miles from the city centre, Brackenhurst campus is a countryside estate with woodland, a lake and landscaped gardens. It is home to over 1,000 students from the School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences. Contrasting the country house built in 1828 are facilities including the high-tech glasshouse and new Veterinary Nursing building. The Veterinary Nursing Centre was purpose-built in 2007 and has a simulated Veterinary Practice giving students hands-on experience in the field.
Reasons to choose NTU:
- NTU is consistently ranked among the leading new universities in the UK, as well as one of the largest.
- We are consistently in the top 10 universities for employability and in the top 10 for the number of students undertaking a year long work placement as part of their degree.
- We have invested over £130million in our infrastructure to provide our students with state of the art facilities.
- We have many accredited courses. 27 undergraduate courses and 28 postgraduate courses are accredited by professional bodies.
- We are a truly international university with students from over 100 different countries.
- Nottingham city centre is surprisingly compact with everything you need close by such as museums, art galleries, stylish coffee bars, cinemas, live music, theatres and restaurants; something for every taste.
- School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences
- School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
- School of Art & Design
- School of Arts and Humanities
- Nottingham Business School
- School of Education
- Nottingham Law School
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Social Sciences
Select Study Destination
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India