Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University was awarded university status in 1992 and is part of the largest higher education campus in the UK and one of the most extensive education centres in Europe. With a history dating back 150 years, we have a combination of the traditional and the contemporary that sets MMU apart and gives us our distinct character.
Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) is one of the UK’s largest and most popular universities with academic roots dating back to the early nineteenth century.
University pride themselves on training the future talent of the region as 70% of our graduates stay and work in the North West.They work in partnership across the region, with 45% of our courses having links with our community. University provide a range of services to the local community including real-world research, events and sporting facilities.
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Cheshire campus
Some Key Facts
- Over 800 jobs advertised to students and graduates in 2014/2015.
- Our brand new academic buildings have so far been nominated for 17 awards and won six.
- 80% of the research environment in English Language and Literature is rated world leading and internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
- Manchester is one of the top 30 places to visit in the world, according to the New York Times.
As an international student, you will have a lot to think about before moving to the UK. But if you are heading to MMU, you will not have the added worry of finding somewhere suitable to live. At MMU, we aim to accommodate all full-time EU and international students a place in our university residences in their first year, whether you are studying at our Manchester campus or our Cheshire campus
Select Study Destination
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India