Since opening its doors in 1975 Griffith University has come to be regarded as one of Australia’s most innovative tertiary institutions. Griffith is ranked in the top 5% of universities worldwide and recently soared in the most-watched university rankings, The Academic Ranking of World Universities, to now be in the top 400 universities on that global list.
At Griffith, we're building for your future, with more than $320 million worth of infrastructure upgrades across our campuses and Australia's fastest growing university precinct on the Gold Coast. Recent investments include the $150 million Griffith Health building, a doubling of the Gold Coast Library, the Sir Samuel Griffith Centre (Australia's first zero-emission, self-powering teaching facility) and a new Business School building.
- 2011 Griffith’s MBA was ranked number one in Australia and 26 in the world by the Aspen Institute’s edition of Beyond Grey Pinstripes.
- 2012 Griffith University is ranked in the top 5% of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities).
- 2012 Griffith is among the world’s leading younger universities and is ranked in The Times Higher Education - Top 100 of institutions under the age of 50; as well as the Asian QS Rankings - Top 50 under the age of 50.
- 2012 85% of Griffith University’s broad (two-digit) fields of research were rated as world standard or better in the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) National Report.
- 2013 Griffith is currently undergoing a AUD$320 million capital investment into upgrading facilities across its 5 campuses including a new AUD$150 million Griffith Health Centre at the Gold Coast campus
- 2013 A new AUD$1.76 billion State Government funded Gold Coast University Hospital is currently under construction adjacent to Griffith’s Gold Coast campus and is due to open in 2013.
- 2014 The AUD$1.8 billion world class Rapid Transit Rail Project — currently under construction and due for completion in 2014 — will link the Gold Coast campus with the city’s CBD retail and restaurant hubs.
Griffith University is spread over five campuses located in the nation’s fastest growth region, the Brisbane-Gold Coast corridor, offering students great social, cultural and recreational facilities.
The Gold Coast campus is located in Southport, just minutes from over 70km of the Gold Coast’s famous beaches and the tourist mecca of Surfers Paradise. The campus is home to over 16,000 students from all over the world, making it Griffith’s largest campus
Home to just under 3,000 students, Logan campus is based in one of Australia’s most rapidly developing regions, between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. With panoramic views of Brisbane, our Mt Gravatt campus is within walking distance of the South East Busway offering easy access to students living in Brisbane and beyond.
Nathan is the original Griffith campus and has grown to be home to over 12,000 students. Situated in tranquil, native bushland on the edge of Toohey Forest, Nathan campus is a short walk or bus ride from our Mt Gravatt campus or a 10 minute drive from central Brisbane.
Griffith's South Bank Campus, which encompasses the Queensland College of Art, Griffith Film School and the Queensland Conservatorium, is renowned for excellence in the fields of creative and performing arts and is Ideally located in Brisbane's picturesque South Bank Parklands.
Griffith University campus facilities include:
- Café’s, coffee shops and food outlets
- Convenience/general store
- Medical centre
- Gym and fitness centre
- Basketball, tennis and squash courts
- Beach volleyball court
- Athletics track
- Sporting fields
- Child Care centre
- Co-op book shop
- Travel agent
- Post office
- Hairdresser and beauty salon
- Computer shop
- Banking and ATM
Griffith University offers a range of social, cultural, sporting activities for students to relax, make friends and have fun! The subtropical climate in South-East Queensland is close to perfect with mild winters, warm summers and an average of 300 days of sunshine per year. Temperatures range on average from 10-21°C in the winter to 20-28°C in the summer.
Student Linx hosts free events for Griffith students such as BBQ’s, movie nights, games afternoons and trivia nights. Student Linx events are run by students, for students and all Student Linx events are FREE!
Griffith University provides a comprehensive range of FREE services to students across all their campuses. Services provided include:
- Careers and employment
- Student Equity and Disabilities
- Welfare and Student Liaison
In addition to Griffith’s range of support services, we also have a team of specialised International Student Advisors who are dedicated to supporting students during their studies. They provide international students with FREE support regarding their studies, visas and life in Australia.
Griffith also offers a range of FREE academic workshops for students throughout the semester:
- EnglishHELP – free English language support throughout your degree for students whose first language is not English.
- Computer workshops – brush up on your computer skills before or during your study at university
- Library workshops – how to use the Griffith University Library system and find the resources you need for your studies.
- Academic skills – learn how to reference correctly and produce university quality assignments.
On-campus accommodation is available at Griffith’s Nathan and Mt Gravatt campuses. Privately owned and operated student accommodation is available a short walk from our Gold Coast, Logan and South Bank campuses.
Griffith Homestay is a University based program that provides international students with the option of living with an Australian family whilst studying. Homestay options are available for all Griffith University campuses and are a great way for students to develop their English language skills and experience the Australian way of life.
Select Study Destination
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India