University of Hertfordshire
The University of Hertfordshire (UH) is an ambitious and entrepreneurial University. It offers excellence in teaching, learning and research and puts students at the heart of its activities. It is a model of a 21st Century University, international, business-facing and business-like in approach – making it distinctive in an ever changing higher education environment. With a student community of over 27,700, including more than 2,900 international students from over 85 different countries, the University has a global network of over 100,000 alumni.
Reasons to choose UH:
- Times Higher Education Entrepreneurial University of the Year 2010
- Ranked top of all new UK universities by the Complete University Guide 2010
- Within the top 4% of all universities worldwide - THE World University Rankings 2011-12
- One of the top 100 world universities under 50 - THE World University Rankings 2011-12
- Seventh safest university campus in England/Wales - Complete University Guide 2012
- Over 85% of submitted research judged to be of international quality in the 2008 RAE
- The UK’s top spending institution with more than £200 million invested in facilities
- Over 90% graduate employment
- Guaranteed accommodation for international students
- Chancellor’s International Scholarships scheme
- Commended by the QAA for high-level support offered to international students
- Award-winning Learning Resource Centres and StudyNet (available 24/7)
- Excellent location, just 25 minutes from central London
We offer a huge range of courses. Subject areas include Art and Design, Film, Music and Media, Business and Management, Computer Science and Engineering including Elecrtical Engineering , Physics, Astronomy and Maths, Humanities, Law and Education and Psychology, Biological and Life Sciences. The University offers arange of foundation and preparatory courses through its associate College, HIC, which is located on the University’s College Lane campus.
The University’s courses are developed in consultation with business, industry, the professions and the public sector. Their high vocational content means UH graduates are more ‘work-ready’ than many other graduates qualified in their area of expertise. On graduation our alumni have everything they need for a satisfying career – a professional qualification, life skills, practical experience and a growing network of contacts.
First-class learning facilities support world-class teaching at the University. In the last ten years the University of Hertfordshire has invested more money in student facilities than any other UK University. It’s Learning Resource Centres (LRCs) are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and UH has been voted as number one in the UK for access to electronic learning materials. September 2009 saw the opening of ‘The Forum’, a state-of-the-art, £38 million, entertainment space accommodating up to 2,000 people including a style bar, balcony bar and mini club area.
Research Assessment Exercise (RAE)
The University was proud to announce that in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) the Times Higher Education newspaper quoted Hertfordshire as one of the rising research stars, rising from 93rd place in the research league tables in 2001 to 58th in 2008. The RAE is conducted every seven years by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) to assess the quality of research in UK Universities. Subjects are given a quality profile ranging from 4* to 1*, with 4* being the highest.
The University submitted in 14 subject areas. Of these, nine areas were given top ratings: Business and Management Studies , General Engineering, Computer Science and Informatics, Pharmacy, Nursing and Midwifery, Psychology, English Language and Literature, Art and Design and Physics. These were graded as ‘world-leading’, ‘internationally excellent’ and ‘internationally recognised’ by the judging panel.
Select Study Destination
Quality Advice for Quality Education since 1996
Association of Australian Education Representatives in India